Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 whole Chicken
- 200 g Sweeten preserved vegetable
- 400 g Water
- 1 Tablespoon Light Soya Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Dark Soya Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Teaspoon Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Chinese Rice Wine
- 1/2 Teaspoon Corn Flour
- 3 Slice Astagulas Hengel (herb)
- 2 Slice Angelica (herb)
- 1 Codonopsis Root (herb)
- Wash and drain dry chicken, marinate chicken evenly with 1 tablespoon of dark soya sauce. Heat up oil and run through chicken till golden brown.
- Wash preserved vetgetable and cut into small pieces. Use 2 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon Chinese rice wine, 1/2 tablespoon light soya sauce, 1/2 tablespoon dark soya sauce, 1 tablespoon oyster sauce to stir and fry preserved vegetables till fragrant. Then stuff perserved vegetable inside the chicken and place it on a dish.
- Heat up wok, add water, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1/2 tablespoon dark soya sauce, 1 tablespoon oyster sauce, add in astagulas hengel, angelica and coronopsis root, then bring to boil. Pour the stock onto the dish with the stuffed chicken, steam for 90 minutes
- Transfer the stock back to heated wok and thicken the stock with corn flour and add 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine.
- Pour the gravy over the chicken and serve.
Cooking Time 2 Hours