This recipe also using the Five Favor Sauce. I love this dish, as this dish is simple and excellent to go with beer, especially when during a beer party on a TGIF night with your pals, prepare a big dish of this to go with those beer. This dish also very suitable and well position as appetizer for Chinese New Year Reunion Dinner. I had short-cut the process, the original recipe required about 4 hours to prepare the dish.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 200 g jelly fish, shredded
- 200 g chicken breast, streamed and shredded (or you have leftover birds, shredded the meat will be good too)
- 1 cucumber, shredded
- 1 lettuce, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 3 tablespoon toasted chopped peanuts
- 1 tablespoon fried sesame seed
- Some Five Favor Sauce
- Blanch jelly fish in boiling water for a about 3 – 5 minutes. Then soak the jelly fish in icy water for 1/2 hours. Dish the jelly fish and drain all the water.
- Put all prepared ingredients into fridge and chill for 2 hours (optional) , if you using leftover shredded chicken meat, this step can skip. Add in Five Favor Sauce, toss well and serve as appetizer.
Cooking Time 1 hour including preparing the sauce.