Have you ever staring at the left over turkey or roast chicken that cannot finished for one reason or another, and wonder what to do with them? Normally, I would just start tearing the meat and skins off the bone and making them into shredded. You can keep the shredded poultry in the freezer and it can goes very well with instant noodle.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 2 packets Maggie Mee Instant Noodle (Chicken Favor) – Depend on how much you can eat, normally I need 2 packets.
- Shredded chicken or turkey.
- Shredded mushroom (optional)
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of chopped chilis (Optional)
- Pepper to taste
- 100 ml chicken stock, can be made from the instant noodle seasoning provided.
- 2 tablespoons spring onion, chopped
- 1 egg, half-boiled (or hard boiled depend on your like).
- Cook the noodles in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain & immerse in iced water for two minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Mix 1/2 the seasoning provided with the instant noodle in 100 ml of boiling water and stir for 2 minutes. Mix the remaining 1/2 packet in 500 ml boiling water for 2 minutes to make chicken soup.
- In a non-stick pan on low heat, add the olive oil, garlic, the shredded chicken and (mushroom and chili), fry gently until fragrant. Season pepper to taste.
- Add the noodles and stir-fry until noodles are dry and slightly crusty.
- Add 100 ml chicken stock and spring onions, and simmer until the liquid evaporates.
- Remove pan from heat & serve with a half-boiled egg on top.
Cooking Time: 25 minutes.