2nd of 8, this I try before some times back. I know another method of having stream chicken, her method is more modern method. Taste wise, seriously it is not bad, at least as tasty as what I used to do.
- 1 Whole chicken
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon cooking wine or sherry
- 1 Spring onion cut into 4 pieces
- 2 Slices of ginger root
- 1/2 cup shredded spring onion
- 4 Tablespoons shredded ginger root
- Dash of black pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
- Wash the chicken & leave it to dry. Rub the exterior & the cavity of the chicken with the mixtures of cooking wine (or sherry) & 4 pieces of spring onion. Leave the mixtures of cooking wine (or sherry) & 4 pieces of spring onion in the cavity of chicken & let it stand for an hour.
- Place the chicken in the steamer with the breast side up; stream over high heat for 25 minutes. Remove chicken, retain steaming liquid. Let Chop the chicken into bite size pieces then put on serving plate. Spindle the shredded spring onion, ginger root & black pepper on the chicken.
- Heat 4 tablespoon oil until smoking; drizzle over the chicken. Bring 1/2 cup of retained liquid to a boil, add mixtures of cornstarch & water to chicken then pour it over the chicken.
Cooking Time: 1.5 – 2 hours